Friday, January 14, 2011

.Imaginary.

Imaginary
By: marie castiano

Enticing and seductive as it is,
I must regretfully decline,
The invitation you have placed in my spine,
How tempting,
the remark of it all,
How boldly you placed,
each ligament to induce mine,
Frightened me,
and made me smile at the same time.

I have a certain path,
that has been carved for me to walk,
Shame on me,
to let you,
talk me out of walking in this line,
How good it must have felt,
for you,
to see me,
break my guidelines,
Ashamed I was,
that I too felt somewhat gratified.

Allowing for lies to set in deep,
Unraveled the verbal secrecy,
And allow them to not be such blasphemy.

My hand melted into yours,
And so it was not forced upon,
Whatever journey we sailed on.
It was not right,
And it was not wrong.

Eyes Now look at what our souls show off,
They did not agree,
Mostly about you and me,
Or what was laid in secrecy.

Whatever sounds our voices made,
Were heard throughout the universe,
The universe looked bleakly upon,
what made the beautiful sounds,
And found us intertwined,
in perfect harmony.

As I remember now,
why I rejected such tempting invitation,
The owner of this spine,
Walked across the lawn,
And did not see the journey
I was once upon.

What was hidden in the darkness,
Remained there.

Ashamed?
Not I.
Not Anymore.
Not after I experienced the freedom placed there.

I Shall allow for the memory,
To decay in its crevice,
And allow it,
to find me again,
Whenever my life creates,
The need for my soul to escape.

11.15.10. mc

No comments:

Post a Comment