Friday, April 1, 2011

Bruise

Bruise
By: Marie Castiano

you, you non-artificial reminder
of a last physical altercation.
you, some mark left by a sentiment
that i'd rather not remember.
you, mocking all the fibers of my delicate skin,
aching in every movement of my muscle.

changing your colors, as quick as I've
changed my emotions, changed my thinking,
in the things that i'm feeling,
nothing left standing except for you.
all I've got left is a memory,
and your the only trigger to that obscene vision,
I left it unconfined,
but when i moved my body,
it was you i envisioned.

i wish i could erase you
from the surface of my skin,
remove all the feeling from inside and within.
pick and tear away the layers
that somehow make up your existence.

the foulness, the cruelty, the hatred,
left within that one particular spot.
i try to keep my eyes from it,
but quickly realize its my only thought.
it's eroded into the membrane,
left shot by the nerve cells in my spine.
sanity gives way to the wish,
of not wanting it to be mine.

and yet it's still you,
the embodiment of my lowest sadness.
you, the reminder of the weakest I've ever been,
you, you, and only you,
the creation of a passion lost,
a love that has disappeared,
you are the face of your creator,
you are the answer to that painful resolution,
you are within me forever,
my external
and internal,
bruise.

by: marie castiano

No comments:

Post a Comment